Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Super Underneath

Sometimes when I am having a bad day I wear a T-shirt with a Superman symbol on it under my clothes. No one else can see it, but somehow it makes me feel a little bit better. I wore it to church on Sunday under a sweater, and I will admit right now that I have worn it more than once this week. I think I may need to get some more so I can feel secretly super every day.
It's not that I am a big fan of Superman.  Somehow though, this idea has worked its way into my head.  It's because he always had his secret identity with him. Being Clark Kent didn't change who he really was.  He was always super underneath, it's just that no one else could see it. 
Sometimes I feel like that too.  To everyone around me I am just a regular, everyday person.  There is nothing fabulous or wonderful about me.  I am just ordinary.  But inside...inside you wouldn't believe how extraordinary I can be.  Super underneath.  I bet you are too.

10 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Love this! I need to go shopping for t-shirts now...

Luisa Perkins said...

You are super all the way around. I love this post.

Mrs. Organic said...

:)

Deena said...

Now I know what I need to do with my wonder woman shirt. :)

Carrot Jello said...

There are wonderful and fabulous things about you! Maybe once a week you should run around with nothing over that Superman t-shirt, then work yourself up to wearing it everyday!
Er...never mind. You should probably change clothes a couple of times a week.

Rachelle said...

I know you are super! :)

Heffalump said...

Thanks for the suggestion Carrot. I think I'll just add a few more shirts to my collection to avoid any hygiene issues.

Yvonne said...

You are such a SUPER-WOMAN to me.

CB said...

You don't need the shirt girl - Look at that amazing brood you are in charge of YOU ARE SUPER!!!

Nancy Face said...

I have a Superman shirt that I bought for Girls' Camp a couple years ago because the theme was Super Heroes. For some reason I wore it yesterday to take my mom to the doctor and to the bank. I felt pretty silly wearing it, and even felt sillier when both the doctor and a banker said they loved my shirt! But it was fun to laugh about it, ha!

I triple dog dare you to wear your shirt out in the open some day! ;)