Friday, January 04, 2013

Christmas...

It seems very difficult to me to get back into the swing of blogging again.  Part of that was just the busy time of year, and part of it was because I just haven't been in much of a writing mood for quite a long time.  I feel very disconnected from blogging, but at the same time I miss it, so here I am.
Since last I posted we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas.  There isn't much about either set of celebrations that stands out in my mind other than time with family.  I just wasn't into it all this year.  Normally Christmas is my favorite time of year, and any chance to get together with extended family is a welcome one, but somehow this year, I just couldn't find the joy in it.  The kids enjoyed Christmas, and it was nice to see family, but the whole thing was somehow dull and lackluster this year.  I just couldn't engage.  I hope that I will be able to be more into it next year but I have to admit that I think it may just be that Christmas and other holidays have just lost their magic for me.  I have felt that way about my birthday for many years, and I have a feeling that such is going to be the case as far as Christmas goes.
I didn't ruin it for my kids, or at least I tried not to, but I didn't keep a lot of the traditions that we usually have in the past.  I am really going to have to force myself to go back to those traditions and advent activities for the kids' sakes for Christmas 2013.

3 comments:

CB said...

You have a lot of little ones at home (cutest kids!!!) and sometimes it's so much work already that throwing in something else just feels overwhelming instead if magical! I remember that is how I felt sometimes when all my kids were little and home.
The magic is still there! It might just be a little harder to see. I hope you find it next year. :-)

Nancy Face said...

It was hard for me this year, keeping up with our fun traditions when my dad got so seriously ill and then passed away six days before Christmas. But having two cute babies around for their first Christmas really helped! Also, Ted stayed with us for ten days of military leave for Christmas, and although he witnessed plenty of mourning in my family, it was very important to me to also have some magical times he could enjoy with us. Somehow I pulled it off, but I'm STILL trying to recover from the exhaustion of it all!

Yvonne said...

I am so glad you posted here. I know the feeling about blogging, and I'm trying to do it more, too, because liek you I have missed it.

I seriously do not know how you do all you do. You are amazing and I'm sure there are times that it must seem entirely overwhelming. Just know you have a fan club who are on the sidelines cheering you on.